Monday 29 April 2013

Video coaching and technology changes.

Hello all.

After completing my video of myself coaching I gave more thought to using video footage to more often. As technology advances and the portable cameras inside a phone or ipad become better and more advanced I was thinking why haven't I been using a camera to simply shoot different skills my athletes perform to teach them. I have used video footage for self coaching a few different times as I am a golfer and it is me of the handiest tools to understand what's going on in my swing. But I noticed simply that when coaching an athlete in my video how to handball I couldn't quite pickup n the technique problem she was having in real time. But as soon as I looked back on video footage once or twice and compared it towards another players technique the problem unfolded so simply. Why had I not thought of this earlier? I always knew team sports were evolving to the point where video footage makes up a big part of coaching so why aren't beginner coaches using it at the basic levels? It's not very hard and it's not like the equipment isn't available a simple phone or tablet is all that is needed. The article http://www.teachthought.com/trends/30-incredible-ways-technology-will-change-education-by-2028/ really stimulated this whole thought pattern in a way that made me think where is technology taking us and how can coaches from a beginners level incorporate it. I believe the key to unlocking technology in coaching is experimentation and communication. The more experimentation our coaches are doing with technology hopefully the better thier communication with athletes and other coaches will be.

Thanks for reading Daniel Scroope

No comments:

Post a Comment