Wednesday 17 April 2013

Periodisation


So I was reading the article "Periodization paradigms in the 21st century: evidence-led or tradition-driven?" and I was thinking about how I have gone about the periodization of my current team that i coach. Well I first thought do I even use periodization when I think about the big picture for my team. And yes I do although it isn't as structured as I like and sometimes different trainings don't go as planned due to lack of numbers but there is the idea that we are building and we do work on certain skills before we move forward into more complex skills. Although this isn't as structured as a professional team world be there is still the basic idea that we are building for finals and getting our skills more sport specific as we move through the season. This to me is still a form of periodization. I would very much like to see if many current professional teams are "realigned with contemporary elite practice and modern scientific conceptual models" I believe they wouldn't be to far off the pace but clearly are ever changing and evaluating as to how to periodize better.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22356774/

Thanks for reading Daniel Scroope

No comments:

Post a Comment